The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources is accepting comments through July 24 on an environmental assessment worksheet for a proposed electric transmission line and substation in Itasca County.
Great River Energy proposes to construct a 14-mile, 69-kilovolt transmission line that would connect to a new substation built by North Itasca Electric Cooperative northeast of Brush Shanty Lake. The project would address electrical reliability and low voltage concerns and provide capacity for growth in the project area.
The EAW is available to review on the DNR website.
A hard copy may be requested by calling 651-259-5115.
The EAW is also available for review at:
- DNR Library, 500 Lafayette Road, St. Paul, MN 55155.
- Headwaters Regional Development Commission, 403 Fourth St. NW, Bemidji, MN 56619.
- Hennepin County – Minneapolis Central Library, Government Documents, Second Floor, 300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55401-1992.
- Bemidji Public Library, 520 America Ave. NW, Bemidji, MN 56601.
- Grand Rapids Area Library, 140 NE 2nd St., Grand Rapids, MN 55744.
The EAW notice was published in the June 24 EQB Monitor, a publication of the Environmental Quality Board. Written comments on the EAW may be submitted no later than 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 24, to the attention of Cynthia Novak-Krebs, EAW project manager, Environmental Policy and Review Unit, DNR Ecological and Water Resources Division, 500 Lafayette Road, St. Paul, MN 55155-4025.
Electronic or email comments may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.Use “Scenic 69kV” in the subject line. Providing the commenter’s name and mailing address would allow the DNR to follow up with any questions if needed. Written comments may also be sent by fax to 651-296-1811.